Pattern Health products and services can be used to track and share your own health information and to monitor another individual’s health information.
Information we collect, why we collect it, and how the information is used
Automatically Collected Information
We work with third party analytics companies to automatically collect and analyze certain anonymous information that helps us understand how our products are being used and improve them. Automatically Collected Information includes:
- Frequency and duration of usage
- Version information about your device, its operating system and web browser
- Non-precise location information, such as your zip code
- Information about the way you use our products, such as what screens you visit and what settings you enable
- Any errors that occur while you are using our products. We do not collect precise information about the location of your device.
To protect the anonymity of this Automatically Collected Information, we do not send the third parties analytics companies any information that identifies you personally. The third parties with whom we share information include:
Through normal use of our products, you may enter into the system information such as your weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, or blood glucose levels on a particular day and time, notes, your measurement goals, your name, birth date and gender. The products use this information to show measurement history and graphs. The mobile apps HeartStar and GlucoStar store this information on your mobile device; unless you opt-in to share this information, the information remains on your device and its backups; the information is not shared with, stored by, or sent to Pattern Health Technologies or any third party. You may encrypt User-Provided Information on your mobile device by setting a passcode on iOS or enabling device encryption on Android.
You may opt-in to share your User-Provided Information:
HealthStar also stores your Anonymized User-Provided Information in an encrypted format that is readable only by Pattern Health Technologies. Anonymized data has no association between your identity (name, email, phone and/or other contact information) and your other User-Provided Information. We use your name and contact information to contact you from time to time with important messages and information about our products. We use your anonymous (de-identified) User-Provided Information to understand our users’ behavior and preferences to improve our products.
Third party access to information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. HealthStar is designed so that it is not possible for us to share information about someone’s health measurements, because the system encrypts this data in such a way that it is impossible for Pattern Health to know what a particular person’s health measurements are.
We may disclose Anonymized User-Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Little Green Software LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
There are multiple opt-out options for users of our products:
- Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the application. You can stop all collection of information by the application easily by uninstalling the application. You may use the standard uninstall processes that are available as part of your mobile device or mobile application marketplace.
- Opt-out of the syncing with the Apple Health app in the Health app settings or on the User tab of HeartStar
- Opt-out of HealthStar by signing out of the service in the mobile app. When you sign out of HealthStar, the app will no longer automatically sync your information to HealthStar.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User-Provided Information shared via HealthStar for as long as you use the product and for a reasonable time thereafter. You may delete your own HealthStar account and all data associated with it by editing your HealthStar user profile and selecting ‘Delete My Account’. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We value your privacy and will always do our best to protect your private data. Pattern Health Technologies products are designed for use by healthcare organizations subject to the privacy and security standards defined by the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide excellent security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. Should a breach occur, you will be notified within a reasonable time via email and/or a prominent notice on our website.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using our products, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Last updated: November 7, 2014