What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
Private User Provided Information
The Application records information you enter into our system through normal use of the Application, such as dated systolic and diastolic blood pressure measurements, goals, pulse rate, your name, and notes. The Application uses the information to show measurement history and graphs. The Application stores this information on your device. You may view and share the information by generating a PDF report and emailing it.
Shared User Provided Information
If you opt-in to the HeartStar trial, the Application will automatically store the following user-generated data on a secure cloud-based server: user information including name, gender, and birth date; information about blood pressure and measurement frequency goals; information about particular measurements including systolic and diastolic blood pressure, pulse rate, measurement date, and any attached notes. Server database access is restricted to Little Green Software software developers for debugging purposes only. If you elect to share your data with a healthcare provider, Little Green Software will share this data via a password-protected secure cloud-based server with the provider you selected and no one else. This data may also be shared in aggregate, anonymized form for the purposes of understanding the efficacy of HeartStar as a tool for shaping positive behavior patterns related to the management of hypertension.
In addition, when you contact us for help or feedback, you generally provide information such as your name and email address. We may use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to time with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
The Application collects certain information automatically to help us understand how the Application is being used and improve the product, such as frequency and duration of usage, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, language and non-precise location information (e.g., your zip code), information about the way you use the Application, and any errors that occur while you are using the Application. See “Automatic Data Collection” section for information about how we may share this information with third parties to help us analyze this information.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Little Green Software LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
- To analytics companies as described below under the Section entitled Automatic Data Collection.
Automatic Data Collection
What are my opt-out rights?
There are multiple opt-out options for users of this Application:
- Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application – You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes that are available as part of your mobile device or mobile application marketplace.
- Opt-out of the HeartStar trial via the HeartStar section of the system Settings app. When you opt-out of the trial, the Application will no longer automatically store your user, goal, and measurement information in our remote, hosted database.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Last updated: April 22, 2014.